In this review, you will learn about the complete specs of the bike, the pros and cons of owning one, learn other relevant information. You will also get to see a fun video that showcases how to put together the Nashbar AT2 mountain bike. When you are done reading, you’ll know everything you need to know about this bike.
|Product Name||Frame||Sizes Available||Wheel Sizes||Suspension||Weight||Price Range|
|Nashbar AT2 Mountain Bike||Aluminum||Unisex||17/19/21 inches||Full Suspension||20 pounds / 9.07 kilograms||Medium|
About the Nashbar AT2 Mountain Bike
The Nashbar AT2 mountain bike is designed to be a reliable and high-quality bike that provides riders with a maximum amount of features. These features help to make it competitive compared to other bike models like it on the market today.
For instance, it has a wide range of different gears and speeds that you can use on rough terrain and difficult hills. Moreover, it also comes with finely-tuned brakes that help you stop on a dime and prevent serious accidents, both on the trail and on the road. All of these features are important to know before you invest in buying the Nashbar AT2 mountain bike for yourself or a friend.
However, there are also several cons that are important to grasp as they could cause you some alarm. While we think that there are definitely fewer negatives to this bike than there are positives, the few cons could be distracting enough for you to skip out on this bike.
Beyond that, you may also find that the features don’t quite meet your expectations. In fact, some riders may not enjoy some aspects of the bike, such as its wheel design, tires, and even its suspension. Read through all of this information to get a feel for what this bike offers you.
- Durable build makes it easy to ride this bike across rough terrain
- Versatile design makes it a road-ready ride for those in the city
- 17-inch tires are large enough to provide maximum traction
- Full suspension creates an easy and smooth ride
- Handlebars are responsive and easy to control
- Adjustable speeds make it easy to traverse multiple areas
- Heavier than necessary and could be difficult to haul
- Included seat is very uncomfortable and should be replaced before riding
- Assembly instructions are missing
Other Important Details of Nashbar AT2 Mountain Bike
While the specifications of the Nashbar AT2 mountain bike above give you a good feel for what it has to offer, they aren’t the only elements to consider on this bike. In fact, there is a broad range of other things that you need to consider before making a purchase.
We have compiled a few of these common concerns below in a detailed bullet-point list. Read through these items to get a better understanding of this bike model and the various elements of its design.
- Seatpost: 27.2-millimeter alloy
- Chains: Eight-speed
- Saddle: Kraton rubber
- Assembly: Full assembly required
- Plastic Quality: Mid-range
- Pedal Quality: High
- Pedal Material: Plastic and aluminum
- Comfort Level: Minimal without adjustment
You Might Also Like: Gravity FSX 2.0 Mountain Bike Review
Nashbar AT2 Mountain Bike Maintenance
- Regularly Clean Your Bike: Use a product such as Simple Green to clean the dirt and stains off of your bike.
- Check Your Brakes: Always check the brake pads at least once or twice a year to ensure they aren’t worn.
- Inflate Your Tires: Regularly check the air pressure in your tires and fill them up as needed.
- Inspect the Drivetrain: Hold your rear wheel in the air and spin it to see if there are any issues.
- Grease the Chains: Apply chain grease to your chains at least once or twice a year to keep them lubricated.
- Repair Cable Problems: Inspect the cable housing for cracks, rust, and loose areas and fix these problems as needed.
In the following video, you will learn how to put together your Nashbar AT2 mountain bike. Though this video is designed to be a more general or broadly instructional video, it can be used for this mountain bike. In the end, this is a useful guide for those who need a little help getting their bike together.
As you can see, the Nashbar AT2 mountain bike is a great choice for a variety of riders. While you might need to change the seat to be comfortable, this inexpensive fix is something anybody can do. If you have experience with this bike or want to let us know how you feel about this review, please drop us a line. We love hearing from our customers and believe that you have some of the best advice for high-quality mountain bikes.