In our article, we’re going to review several of the key features that this Gravity FSX 2.0 mountain bike has to offer. Focusing on its main strengths and weaknesses, we will attempt to offer a final opinion based on our findings.
|Product Name||Frame||Sizes Available||Wheel Sizes||Suspension||Weight||Price Range|
|Gravity FSX 2.0||Aluminum||Unisex||17/19/21 inches||Full Suspension||20 pounds / 9.07 kilograms||Medium|
About The Gravity FSX 2.0 Mountain Bike
One of the areas where the Gravity FSX 2.0 excels the most is in offering a mid-level bike that is ideal for both new and experienced mountain bike devotees like. With its full suspension system and relatively light frame, it’s both easy to handle as well as transport.
Another feature that we really love is that it comes in three different sizes. Suitable for a broad range of user heights, you should have no problem finding an option that is ideal for your height. For users who are six foot and above, you will definitely want to opt for the 21-inch model for best results.
The braking system used within this particular model is the Tektro Novela disc set. Offering superior performance, we were pleasantly surprised to see that such high-quality materials were used in a budget-friendly bike.
As for selectable speeds, the Gravity FSX 2.0 features 24 different speed options. More than enough for both new and experienced mountain bikers, this feature further improves the control and handling of the bike.
- Affordability: With a low purchase price, this is a very affordable mountain bike that falls into the mid-level category.
- Speed Settings: The 24 different speed settings help improve the safety profile of the bike substantially. Offering much more control, new riders will find this to be particularly helpful.
- Frame Weight: Weighing in at just 20 pounds, this bike is quite easy to pick up and carry.
- Multiple Height Choices: The Gravity FSX 2.0 comes in three different height configurations that are suitable for both men and women riders alike.
- Color Choices: With only three different color choices to choose from, this bike does not offer much in terms of style.
- Frame Durability: Though the aluminum frame is very lightweight, it’s not nearly as durable as more expensive options like carbon fiber.
- Steer Clear of Paved Roads: The Gravity FSX 2.0 is designed specifically for rough terrain and doesn’t fair well on smooth surfaces.
Other Important Details of The Gravity FSX 2.0
It’s important to note that there is some basic assembly required for the Gravity FSX 2.0. However, you will only need a few basic tools to complete the final assembly steps. Most users will be able to complete this step in 30 minutes or less. Remember to have a wrench as well as a Phillips and flathead screwdriver handy to finish putting the bike together.
We did notice that the pedal area was mostly made of plastic. In most cases, this shouldn’t pose too much of a problem. Unfortunately, a high-speed fall could theoretically damage this key part and result in a costly replacement. However, we did expect this and believe that it is partially countered by the affordable nature of the bike itself.
The last area that we really looked at in-depth was the seat. With the comfort style saddle, it’s designed to help relieve pressure from the perineal area. This is particularly useful during extensive mountain bike trips. Unfortunately, the seat doesn’t seem to offer quite enough support for the hip area.
- Assembly Required: Partial
- Pedal Construction: Plastic
- Seat Type: Comfort saddle
Gravity FSX 2.0 Maintenance
- Keep It Clean: The most important tip to remember to keep your new Gravity FSX 2.0 in proper working order is to keep it clean at all times. After each use, consider hosing it down gently to remove dirt and debris.
- Inspect Your Brakes Before and After Each Ride: Just like with your automobile, your brakes are crucial for performance and safety. Inspect them visually for rust and replace them when needed.
- Watch Your Wheels: The wheels should never wabble or rub against the brake area. If you notice this, check the connections to be sure they are all tight and secure.
- Tire Pressure Matters: Your tires should have a recommended PSI rating printed on the side. Be sure to keep them properly inflated to extend their life and improve handling.
- Lubrication: You should pay careful attention to the chain area as well. Make sure to use an approved lubricant on it frequently to help prevent rust and corrosion.
Based on our findings, we believe that the Gravity FSX 2.0 is an excellent mountain bike for both new and experienced riders. With an attractive price and a lightweight frame design, it offers the best of both worlds in terms of affordability and convenience. In addition, it incorporates several high-quality components as well. If you have had the chance to try out this particular mountain bike already, feel free to share your thoughts and opinions with us in the comment section below.