In this Roadmaster Granite Peak mountain bike review, you will learn more about its many features, benefits. You’ll also find out how to keep it maintained before, during, and after each of your rides. First of all, you should know that this model is a high-quality, but inexpensive, mountain bike that has caught the eye of a growing number of riders.
By paying attention to the crucial points in this Roadmaster Granite Peak mountain bike review, you can decide if it is right for your particular needs. Just as importantly, you can fully understand its many benefits and get an insight into how well it rides.
|Product Name||Frame||Sizes Available||Wheel Sizes||Suspension||Weight||Price Range|
|Roadmaster Granite Peak Mountain Bike||Steel||Men||26-inch sizes||Front Suspension||38 pounds/ 17 kilograms||Cheap|
About the Roadmaster Granite Peak
The Roadmaster Granite Peak is a budget bike that is designed to create a high-quality biking experience for a large number of riders. It is usually available for reasonable prices at a multitude of different online stores. You can also find it in many bike shops near you.
First of all, this choice is meant to be a reliable starter bike. However, intermediate riders can go with this Roadmaster as well as it covers the basics surprisingly well. While it doesn’t have the highest number of gears, it should be more than enough for a majority of riders. Beyond that slight issue, not every element of this bike model is flawless.
For example, the seat is pretty uncomfortable and is often hard for some riders to tolerate. That’s not an uncommon issue with most mountain bikes. Thankfully, you can pretty quickly change the seat to ensure that you don’t suffer from any discomfort.
That bit of information is just one specification that you need to understand before buying this model. In this Roadmaster Granite Peak mountain bike review, you will learn more about this bike’s specs, benefits, and a few of its downsides.
- Very easy assembly right out of the box
- Affordable price makes it easy to buy for yourself or as a gift
- High-quality suspension protects you from bumpy roads
- Great for both off-road and on-road driving
- Brakes are very accurate and precise
- Speeds shift smoothly on hills and on straight roads
- Supports a broad range of weights and heights
- Fits easily on most bike racks
- Should strap well to most car roofs
- The seat is pretty uncomfortable
- The exterior will get scratched
- The brakes must be adjusted regularly
- Shifting downhill could cause chain issues
Other Important Details of the Roadmaster Granite Peak
While this Roadmaster Granite Peak mountain bike review has highlighted a large number of specifications, there are a few elements that have slipped through the cracks. Fully understanding the following information will ensure that you get the bike that you want:
- Assembly Required: Partial
- Material Quality: High
- Pedal Quality and Material: Strong plastic
- Seat Quality: Narrow and somewhat uncomfortable
- Shifter Quality: Smooth and easy
- Chain Quality: Durable steel
Roadmaster Granite Peak Maintenance
Before finishing this Roadmaster Granite Peak mountain bike review, it is a good idea to know a few maintenance steps for this product. The following information will help you keep your bike running smoothly for years and prevents serious wear and tear issues:
- Tighten your brake system before you take it out for your first ride.
- Adjust your shifting system after taking a test drive to ensure it shifts smoothly.
- Tweak the front and rear derailleurs to keep shifting gears properly.
- Fill up your tire tubes or replace them if you notice they keep deflating.
- Lubricate the gears at least once a year to keep them smooth.
- Inspect the wheel bearings regularly to ensure they aren’t wearing down.
- Clean off your reflectors to ensure that they reflect light properly.
- Adjust wheel positioning to keep them straight while you ride.
- Clean the frame when it gets dirty by scrubbing it with a toothbrush and a cleaner.
- Rinse off the cleaner and dry with a hand towel to keep it from rusting.
- Always keep your mountain bike in an indoor storage to prevent rusting
- Test your brakes at least once a year to ensure that they aren’t wearing out.
In the following informative video, you will learn how to put together this bike and other Wal-Mart bikes like it. You will even get a brief Roadmaster Granite Peak mountain bike review.
After reading this Roadmaster Granite Peak mountain bike review, you should fully understand whether or not this bike is right for you. If you have experience with this bike that you want to share or think we missed an important element of it, let us know below!