Here you have a full review of the Kent Thruster KZ2600 that focuses on the key features of this popular dual-suspension MTB, like the frame type, braking system, and overall performance. So, if you’re looking for a reliable and sturdy bike that looks expensive without having to pay an arm and a leg for it, then this bike is certainly for you.
|Product Name||Frame||Available Sizes||Wheel Size||Suspension||Weight||Price Range|
|Kent Thruster KZ2600||Aluminum||Men||21 inches||Full Suspension||40 pounds (18.14 kilograms)||Affordable|
About the Kent Thruster KZ2600
The Kent Thruster KZ2600 is a mountain bike designed specifically for consumers who are on a tight budget. Combining a wide range of useful features, this bike is an ideal choice for both beginner and experienced mountain bike riders.
For starters, the Kent Thruster KZ2600 features an aluminum alloy frame. This type of frame falls in the middle in terms of weight and durability. One of its biggest advantages is that it is extremely resistant to environmental hazards like prolonged water exposure. However, bear in mind that this bike is a bit on the heavier side. In addition, there’s a high risk of scratching the frame on rocks and other debris.
As for the suspension system, this is a full-suspension bike that does an excellent job distributing weight evenly across the frame. It utilizes a 65-millimeter suspension coil fork that is great for rough terrain. The major downside of this type of MTB fork is that it tends to slightly sacrifice pushing power when pedaling. For even terrains, this isn’t so much of an issue. However, you will notice a difference when climbing hills.
Moving on, the braking system is one of the last core aspects that we really dug into with the Kent Thruster KZ2600. We found that this mountain bike has decent stopping power and tends to perform equally well on pavement and rough terrain. However, the combined braking system does take some time getting used to. The rear brake is a linear pull brake while the front one is a more traditional, disc brake type.
- Weather Resistance: The aluminum alloy frame is remarkably resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Smooth Suspension: Thanks to the 65-millimeter suspension coil, this bike works well in a wide range of terrain types.
- Attractive Design: With a balanced blend of stylish features, this bike is bound to turn heads while you are out on the local trail.
- Purchase Price: The Kent Thruster KZ2600 is one of the most affordable mountain bike models that we have reviewed.
- Braking System: Utilizing both a disc brake system and a linear brake, we found that the stopping distance for this bike was a bit larger than that of full-disc brake bikes.
- Power: The 65-millimeter coil fork sacrifices pushing power on steep terrain.
- Fewer Speed Controls: Most users will find the 21-speed settings to be more than sufficient. However, it’s still less than the average of other mountain bikes.
You Might Also Like: The Best Entry Level Mountain Bikes
Other Important Details of The Kent Thruster KZ2600
In addition to core features like the frame type and braking system, there were other factors that we felt needed to be reviewed. For starters, this mountain bike is built in a saddle seat style. The majority of users will find this to be comfortable for short to moderately long mountain bike trails.
As for the assembly, this bike comes partially assembled. You will need basic tools like a screwdriver and wrench to finish putting it together. Most riders will have their bike assembled and ready to go in 30 minutes or less. Another thing we like about this particular mountain bike is its pedal design.
While they’re made of plastic, we loved the pedals’ textured design. This really helps in rainy conditions where your foot is prone to slipping. In addition, the chain is very easy to remove for basic maintenance.
- Assembly Required: Partial
- Pedal Construction: Plastic
- Seat Type: Comfort saddle
Kent Thruster KZ2600 Maintenance
- The right lubrication: Much like picking the right oil for your car, you should use the right lubrication for your bike. Consult the manual for the appropriate recommendations.
- Tire pressure: On the sides of your tires, you’ll find the recommended tire PSI level. Remember to check your tire pressure before and after each ride to ensure they stay at an appropriate level.
- Remove dirt and grime: Dirt and grime are one of the biggest hazards to core components like the drive-train. Always remember to wash your bike off after each session to extend its life.
- Keep it dry: While the aluminum frame is resistant to rust and corrosion, you should keep the frame dry whenever possible to prevent needless wear.
The Kent Thruster KZ2600 is an excellent MTB for many reasons. For starters, it has a low retail price which makes it an ideal bike for consumers on a tight budget. In addition, the frame is quite stylish and combines a good balance of durability and portability. Overall, it has an expensive look at a budget price. So, if you already own the Kent Thruster KZ2600, feel free to share your thoughts.