The Reaction Silver Ridge mountain bike is a sturdy and reliable model that provides a wide range of benefits that make it an excellent buy for the right rider. It is a particularly good choice for those who want to go off-road with their bike and who want a model that will withstand a lot of wear and tear on the trails.
This review will focus on various elements of this bike, who should consider riding it, and whether or not it is worth your money. The different aspects that will be examined include the various features and specifications common on this bike and how to keep everything maintained. We’ll also add a simple maintenance video to showcase ways to keep this bike in great shape.
|Product Name||Frame||Sizes Available||Wheel Sizes||Suspension||Weight||Price Range|
|Reaction Silver Ridge Mountain Bike||Durable Steel||Unisex||15/17.5/19.5 inches||Front Suspension||25 pounds / 11.33 kilograms||Affordable|
About the Reaction Silver Ridge Mountain Bike
If you are interested in buying the Reaction Silver Ridge mountain bike, there are many elements of it that you must research before making a purchase. These include the various specifications that set it apart from other bikes like it on the market. These specifications are as exact as we could find during our research.
However, you also have to understand the various pros and cons of this bike model. We did a lot of research into this bike and found that the pros outweighed the cons. On the other hand, there were some definite drawbacks that you need to keep in mind before you decide on whether or not this is the right bike for your needs.
- High-quality steel frame is resistant to many types of damage
- Suspension is tough enough for both on and off-road racing
- Adjustable handle height makes it easier to ride
- Comfortable seat is adjustable for a variety of riders
- No-nonsense design is easy to understand right away
- Shifters are smooth and can change even when you’re on a steeper hill
- Tires are strong and don’t require a lot of maintenance to prevent blowouts
- Pedals are sturdy and reliable in a variety of riding situations
- A little heavier than other mountain bike models, which makes it harder to transport to various locations
- May lack some features for advanced riders, such as higher levels of gears and speeds
- Tires could be a little wider in diameter to improve their overall grip
- Brakes were strong but not perfect when dealing with steeper riding situations
- Some users complained about the seat, claiming that it wasn’t comfortable
You Might Also Like: Royce Union 21 Speed Mountain Bike
Other Important Details of the Reaction Silver Ridge Mountain Bike
While the specifications of the Reaction Silver Ridge mountain bike can tell you a lot about its quality, there are other elements that you need to consider. The following list includes a broad range of information that will give you more details on the structural integrity of this bike. It focuses on specific elements, such as the quality of the plastic and the strength of the pedals.
Each of these aspects of the bike has been carefully researched and tested to ensure that they are accurate. Make sure to read through all of these items to get a better feel for what to expect from the Reaction Silver Ridge mountain bike. And please note that your experiences with this bike may differ and your quality assessment may also vary.
- Assembly required: Partial assembly
- Plastic quality: Medium-grade plastic with decent durability
- Pedal quality and material: High-quality plastic with steel rods for easier rotation and maximum protection
- Seat quality: Thick padding produces a comfortable and easy riding situation
- Rim quality: Steels rims provide maximum strength for the design
- Chain quality: Durable steel chains that won’t snap under normal biking conditions
Reaction Silver Ridge Mountain Bike Maintenance
- Check Your Seat: The durability of a cushioned seat can be compromised if it tears and loses any of its padding.
- Grease the Chains: Add a little grease to the chains at least once a year to ensure that they retain a smooth and even ride.
- Clean the Surface: Every time you ride and your bike gets dirty, it is smart to wipe it down to eliminate stains and other issues.
- Balance the Handle Bars: When your handlebars go out of alignment, you need to balance them to keep your driving smooth.
- Tighten the Brakes: When your brakes feel loose as you drive, you should tighten them up to make them react more quickly and with stronger force.
If you are struggling to follow the maintenance tips above, the following video may help you out. It is designed for general mountain bike maintenance. This means that you can tweak these procedures as you need them to ensure that you do them effectively on your model.
Our final thoughts on the Reaction Silver Ridge mountain bike is that it a great choice for beginning bikers who want a stable and reliable ride. However, it is also an excellent consideration for more advanced riders who want a bike that is capable of high-quality off-road riding. Please reach out to us if you have experience with this model that you would like to share.
Personally, I don’t like the Reaction Silver Ridge mountain bike because it is not overly comfortable, the breaks don’t work well, and it does not have many speed settings. I am unfortunately disappointed because I thought it was going to be better.
Melissa Arno says
Hello, Rhea! Any feedback is appreciated. Indeed, as this Reaction model is an entry-level bike, it won’t win professional riders on its side. Nonetheless, for a starter bike, 21 speeds seem to be enough. As for the low level of comfort and disappointing brakes, our readers should take note of these. Nonetheless, the budget friendly bike leaves room for further tuning for a personalized ride. Check out our other reviews to find a professional MTB to your taste!
The Reaction Silver Ridge mountain bike is a good investment as it is durable and easy to ride. Even if you have never ridden a bike, it is user-friendly and easy to use. I know of several people who are proud owners that like it as well.
Melissa Arno says
😁 thanks! Pleasure having you here, Dev
The Reaction Silver Ridge mountain bike is an awesome choice for bikes. It is actually quite durable and the price is not bad. Does it work well for newbies? I cannot answer that because I am not a newbie. If you are not, then it is a good one.
Melissa Arno says
Hi Doug! I think this bike could be a great pick for beginners