|Product Name||Frame||Sizes Available||Wheel Sizes||Suspension||Weight||Price Range|
|Mongoose Impasse||Aluminum||Men||29 inches||Full Suspension||44 pounds / 19.96 kilograms||Medium|
A very popular mountain bike model that you may want to consider is the Mongoose Impasse dual full suspension bicycle 29 inch. In our article, we’re going to review its main technical specifications as well as its defining features. Based on our research, we will attempt to offer a final buying recommendation at the end of our article.
About The Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle 29 Inch
The Mongoose Impasse dual full suspension bicycle 29 inch model has earned praise from a wide range of users. For starters, one of the things most riders really love is the low purchase price. Falling slightly over the budget-friendly category, this mountain bike is quite affordable for most individuals.
In addition, this bike incorporates both front and rear disc brakes. This really helps improve the stopping power of the bike and makes it an excellent choice for individuals who are concerned about safety.
As far as frame construction goes, the bike frame is made from an aluminum alloy. It’s fair to say that the frame design is fairly sturdy. However, it’s also significantly heavier than many of the other available mountain bikes in this price category. Still, weighing in at just 44 pounds, most adults should not experience too much difficulty when moving the bike.
With 21 different adjustable speeds, we feel that the bike is more than capable of delivering a customized feel in terms of performance. Though not as much as some of the other models we have reviewed, it’s still more than adequate for beginner riders and mid-level mountain bikers.
One area that we feel that the Mongoose Impasse dual full suspension bicycle 29 inch model did fall short on slightly was its suspension. The fork design utilizes a dual suspension system powered by a spring tube. For light off-roading, it’s fine. Anything above that will likely produce too much jostling for a comfortable experience.
- Affordable: With its relatively low purchase price, this particular mountain bike is an excellent choice for consumers who are on a tight budget.
- Great Stopping Power: With both front and rear disc brakes, this mountain bike stops quickly in virtually any terrain.
- Durable Design: The frame is highly resistant to rust and holds up well under normal use.
- Quick Release Front: The front tire is designed to quickly release for easy storage.
- Offroad Comfort: In terms of comfort when riding on rough terrain, the Mongoose Impasse dual full suspension bicycle 29 inch model is slightly lackluster.
- Water Bottle Cage: Sadly, this mountain bike does not come with a water bottle cage.
- Overall Weight: With a fully assembled weight of 44 pounds, this bike is quite a bit heavier than many other available models.
You Might Also Like: The Best Beginner Mountain Bikes
Other Important Details of The Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle 29 Inch
In addition to basic features like handling and frame construction, we decided to also look into smaller details as well. For starters, the bike does come partially assembled. Most users should have no problems putting it together themselves. Basic tools are all that is required and it can typically be assembled in an hour or less.
As far as the seat goes, it’s covered by a thin layer of upholstery that is fairly easy to clean with a damp cloth. Unfortunately, it’s a bit on the narrow side and tends to not provide enough support for rougher terrain types. For street use and more mild terrain types, it proved to be more than sufficient.
Another factor that we examined closely was the pedal design. The pedals themselves are made of a textured plastic. While riding in wet conditions, we found that the extra grip that they offered was extremely helpful.
- Assembly Required: Partial
- Pedal Construction: Plastic
- Seat Type: Comfortable saddle
Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle 29 Inch Maintenance
- Inspect The Chain Frequently: The chain is one of the most important areas to inspect frequently for wear and tear. In the event you discover rust or corrosion, replace it immediately.
- Brakes Matter: Though the front and rear disc brake system is built to last, you should make sure to replace it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Check Your Tire Pressure: You should be able to see a clear PSI rating on the side of each tire. Make sure that your tires are always inflated to this pressure before each ride.
- Avoid Prolonged Water Exposure: Though the frame is designed to be highly water-resistant, you should never store your new bike outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Remove Dirt Regularly: Dirt and grime are your enemies when it comes to maintaining your new bike. Make sure to rinse your bike off after each excursion and allow plenty of time for it to dry before putting it away.
Overall, we feel that the Mongoose Impasse dual full suspension bicycle 29 inch model is an excellent choice for most mountain bike enthusiasts. With an affordable price tag and excellent safety features like front and rear disc brakes, most users will find it to be more than adequate for their needs. If you have used this mountain bike yourself, feel free share your thoughts regarding its performance.